My original plan was to receive and stack the filled, sealed, 30 lb. buckets in the building in organized rows of 36 each...the number of buckets on each pallet. This way I could know how many pallets of buckets we had. By Saturday, March 6, we had about 200 buckets in the building.
To get ready for the coming onslaught of buckets on Monday, March 8 (deadline day) we had cleared out all the rooms, so that buckets could be neatly stacked. I knew how and where the buckets needed to go.
I had even started taking pictures of the growing rows of buckets, so that I could visually show others how the rows and number of buckets had grown...
But God changed my plans! Praise the Lord, He changed the plan!
Monday, March 8, 9:00 AM. The transport truck from Stan Thomas' company arrived at the WBA right on time. It was a gorgeous day!
Brian Carroll with a team of members and Northside BC's 102 filled buckets on a trailer were waiting to unload.
"Hey! Let's don't take the buckets into the building...let's go ahead and put them on the pallet in the truck and start loading the truck NOW!"
Buckets were loaded, stacked, wrapped and moved. (Sounds like hash browns at Waffle House, huh?) More pastors and members from WBA churches showed up with buckets...a steady stream.
Everyone got excited about what was happening! After a while someone looked at me and said, "Why don't we get the 200 buckets out of the building and put them in the truck, too, and finish the job?!"
Soon a row of Baptists with Buckets of Hope flowed in and out of the building. My vision of growing rows and rows of neatly stacked, white, shining buckets of hope lined up in the rooms died right there in the parking lot. Amen.
What did I learn?
- Keep the main goal in mind. (Taking pictures of neatly stacked buckets in a building was not the goal...Getting the buckets onto the truck, getting them to Macon and then on to Haiti to feed starving, lost people is the goal!!)
- Be willing to change quickly, when God speaks through others, who have the same main goal in mind. Boy, can we get side-tracked with meaningless plans and tasks!!
- We have a wonderful group of dedicated followers of Jesus Christ, who desire to serve Him and bring glory to His name.
Growing together for His glory!
upcoming dates in the WBA...
- March 15, 10:00 AM Nominating Committee meets. WBA building. March 15, 11:00 Ministers Meeting.
- March 20 WBA - VBS Team attends VBS Regional training clinic at FBC Cartersville, Ga.
- March 22 Doug Couch (GBC Specialist for Youth Evangelism) speaks about "Merge" at our Monday Ministers Meeting. 11:00 AM WBA building
- April 15 (Thursday Night!) Executive Committee meeting. WBA building. 7:00 pm
- April 20 Annual Spring Meeting. Living Proof Baptist Church (Collection of items for Children's Home begins at 6:00 pm; meeting begins at 7:00 PM)
- April 23 WBAssociational VBS clinic. Royal BC. 6:30-8:30 pm