Hey! I just got home from the counselor training for "the Gathering".
Between 150-200 "on fire" Christians showed up at Royal BC!! Some of those in attendance have only been saved in the last weeks and months! Wow! We were all reminded to work hard and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY each day for all the leaders of the event, especially Joe Payton (overall leadership, music) and Brian Hosmer (preaching).
Also pray for and encourage all our WBA churches, that they will really get on board and invite the youth of Newnan to come! If you still need a poster, we have some at the WBA building.
It is absolutely exciting to see how our wonderful Lord is bringing this all together. If you feel led to make a donation to "the Gathering", please do so now!
If you were NOT at the counselor training, but really want to be a counselor or serve as security, please contact Joe Payton (Tel. 770-252-3380 - home). ALSO...if you can help set up on Aug. 29, beginning at 6:00 AM, please let Joe know. Amen!
UPCOMING in the WBA...
- REVIVAL at Oak Lawn BC, August 16-19. I'll be bringing the messages, so please pray!
- PRAYER ON THE SQUARE for "the Gathering". Everyone is invited! Wear your T-shirt!! Friday night, August 21, beginning at 9:00 PM on the square in downtown Newnan.
- "the GATHERING" youth crusade, Saturday, August 29, 5:00 PM!!
Set up TEAMS need to arrive before 6:00 AM that morning.
- REVIVAL at Rehoboth BC, Sept. 6-10.
- Monday NIGHT Ministers Meeting at Camp ROCKRIDGE, Monday, Sept 14.
Come ride the bus from Royal BC (leaves at 6:00 PM). Dinner ($6.00) is at 7:00 PM. Special speaker is Rev. Scott Hannah (FBC Franklin). This night meeting is planned so our Bi-vocational ministers also have a chance to attend.
WE NEED to know by Friday, Sept. 11, if you are coming, so David Jackson can prepare for the meal.
- Minister's Wives Fellowship with special guest speaker Marilyn Blackaby. Saturday, Sept. 26, 1:00 - 3:00 PM At WBA building. "An afternoon of spiritual refreshment without the kids!" Please call and let us know (770-253-2118) if you can attend.
- MEN'S PRAYER BREAKFAST, Sat. Oct 17 at Orchard Hills BC with DAVID BARTON, who appeared recently on "HUCKABEE" (FOX) and is an expert on the faith of the founding fathers of the USA! You DO NOT want to miss this. Begins at 8:00 AM!!
- Annual Fall Meeting, Tuesday, Oct 20 at Southcrest BC in Newnan. Begins at 4:45 with a great meal (catered by Golden's on the Square). Great music! Special speakers are Dr. J. Robert White (GBC) and Rev. Mike Barnes (Rehoboth BC). Each WBA church is encouraged to send their full slate of messengers!
* Remember that the Executive Committee will meet Monday night, October 19 at 7:00 PM at the WBA building.
Hopefully this blog will help us stay informed, share ideas & connect, so that we can continue...
Growing Together for His Glory!