The Gathering was a blessed event!
1200+ youth registered!
1800 + in attendance!
250 volunteer workers (pray-ers, counselors, security, technical, set-up, clean-up, & Chick-fil-A, etc)!
20+ churches involved!
Everything went smoothly...
- The skateboarders and BMX bikers jumped and flipped and the Lord protected them!
- The music was awesome!
- The testimonies were moving!
- The drama was excellent!
- The preaching was exciting, evangelistic and exactly what the Lord wanted us to hear!
And even the tear-down & clean-up was done by folks with happy faces!
At least 15 young people prayed to receive Christ as their Savior & Lord! Many more rededicated their lives, prayed and got right! We've received reports that on Sunday, even more young people went forward at their respective churches to profess faith in Him!
And our wonderful Lord Jesus Christ got ALL the glory!
NOW... If you have a "the Gathering" T-Shirt, please continue to wear it - in public! You just might get an opportunity to talk about what happened at the Gathering and witness about Jesus. Amen!
Here are some things coming up in the WBA...
- REVIVAL at Rehoboth BC, Sept. 6-10. Dr. Joe Bufford (Jackson, Ga.) preaching.
- Monday NIGHT Ministers Meeting at Camp ROCKRIDGE, Monday, Sept 14.
Come ride the bus from Royal BC (leaves at 6:00 PM). Dinner ($6.00) is at 7:00 PM. Special speaker is Rev. Scott Hannah (FBC Franklin). This night meeting is planned so our Bi-vocational ministers also have a chance to attend.
WE NEED to know by Friday, Sept. 11, if you are coming, so David Jackson can prepare for the meal.
- Minister's Wives Fellowship with special guest speaker Marilyn Blackaby. Saturday, Sept. 26, 1:00 - 3:00 PM At WBA building. "An afternoon of spiritual refreshment without the kids!" Ladies, PLEASE call and let us know (770-253-2118) if you can attend.
- BERWIN HYATT HOUSE repair/clean-up project in Arnco village. Please watch for more information on this upcoming project for our WBA churches.
- MEN'S PRAYER BREAKFAST, Sat. Oct 17 at Orchard Hills BC with DAVID BARTON, who appeared recently on "HUCKABEE" (FOX) and is an expert on the faith of the founding fathers of the USA! You DO NOT want to miss this. Begins at 8:00 AM!!
- Annual Fall Meeting, Tuesday, Oct 20 at Southcrest BC in Newnan. Begins at 4:45 with a great meal (catered by Golden's on the Square). Great music! Special speakers are Dr. J. Robert White (GBC) and Rev. Mike Barnes (Rehoboth BC). Each WBA church is encouraged to send their full slate of messengers!
* Remember that the Executive Committee will meet Monday night, October 19 at 7:00 PM at the WBA building.
Hopefully this blog will help us stay informed, share ideas & connect, so that we can continue...
Growing Together for His Glory!