Friday, October 23, 2009

Jesus Christ deserves our best

"I think this was the best annual meeting we've ever had!" Several called me on Wednesday after our annual meeting on Tuesday, Oct 20 at SouthCrest. Everyone was saying the same thing. I am so thankful for this feedback.

The food was really good! (Golden's Al Wise brought plenty).

I thought the music was exciting and inspiring (thanks to Joe Payton - WBA music director and Kevin Pledger and the SouthCrest praise team for really putting this together!). I sang as loud as my lungs and heart would allow - I think others were doing the same.

The preaching (Mike Barnes and Bob White) was both challenging and delivered with an intensity that was Christ-honoring. The program went smoothly (thanks to Ken Norton and Brian Carroll) and I am thankful that all the motions were well received. I think we hit every goal we set, except one....attendance. I'm still trying to figure out why we more didn't come. We are going to stay at it. Please let me know what you think we can do to make the annual meetings even better and raise attendance.

But all in all, it was a great night. I can't wait for the Spring Meeting, April 19, 2010 at Living Proof Southern Baptist Church in Tyrone, Ga.

Amen.

Growing Together for His Glory!
Bro. Wayne

UPCOMING in the WBAssociation...

Nov. 16 (Monday) NEW TAX LAWS for Ministers (w/ Q&A) 11:00 AM with Tony Neal (GBC)! This will be the program for the meeting!

Nov. 16 (Monday) "How to keep your Church and Church Financial Secretary/Treasurer out of trouble!" 6:30 PM with Tony Neal (GBC). All church clerks and finanical folks are encourage to attend. WBA building.

Dec. 10 WBA Ministers & Wives Christmas Banquet at Royal BC 6:30 PM. A delicious steak dinner with all the fixin's will cost: $15.00 for individual / $25.00 per couple. We want to play a new game called "Musical Gifts" (kind of like musical chairs), so please bring a gift ($10 or less) and we'll have a great time. Please RSVP to the WBA office by Dec. 4 !

No comments:

Post a Comment